Winner of the 2013 Tasmanian People's Choice Award. Based on feedback from our guests, we are tourism operator number one in Tasmania.
A farmstay with a difference on 40ha of picturesque farmland in the heart of the scenic Derwent Valley, only 40 minutes from Hobart, eight minutes from New Norfolk, 50 minutes from Hobart Airport.
Come and join us each morning and experience hand feeding and patting our friendly alpacas, sheep, cows, miniature donkey and goats, not to mention our dog and two cats.
Make Heimat Chalets your farmstay country base for exploring Hobart and surrounds, including New Norfolk and Tasmania's extraordinarily beautiful
Derwent Valley. Or why not stay a night or two while travelling on the Rivers Run Touring Route on your way from Hobart to Strahan.
Heimat Chalets' luxury but reasonably priced accommodation comprises:
- a luxury gypsy wagon with its own ensuite, perfect for a romantic get away with a difference for two people;
- two modern and stylish two bedroom self-contained farmstay chalets, equally suitable for couples or a family with children;
- a luxury motorhome ensuite site;
- a lovely two bedroom self contained timber cottage located on an adjoining property, ideal for larger groups.
- 24 hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities
- Car park
- Cots Available
- High Chair
- Non Smoking Establishment