Tourism Tasmania values the privacy of individual's personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to your interactions with the Discover Tasmania website and discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices as set out in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
These guidelines outline the requirements for transparent collection, appropriate and ethical use and secure storage of personal information and disclosure of personal information.
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This 'clickstream data' is recorded for statistical purposes only and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (eg: Internet Explorer):
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC etc)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser used.
This information is used for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency (or other government agency) exercises a legal authority to inspect Internet Service Provider (ISP) logs (eg. by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your web browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can make websites easier to use by storing information about your preferences on a particular website. This information remains on your computer after you close your browser.
Collection of personal information
When you email us:
- we will record your email address
- we will only use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose
- we will not use your email address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information is collected by us when you subscribe to any subscription service on the Discover Tasmania website.
The contact information you provide, for example, your name and email address, will only be used for the purposes as outlined for this Service.
Additional information is collected for statistical purposes only. This information is non-mandatory and will be:
- collected by lawful and fair means
- used for a lawful purpose, and
- collected with your consent.
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet. As an alternative, users are able to make comments and suggestions by writing to:
GPO Box 399
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Links to other sites
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages on this website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising on behalf of our travel partners in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.