From historic Richmond to the Tasman National Park, Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur Historic Site, this fascinating journey is rich in convict history and natural beauty. The Tasman Peninsula is a place of breathtaking seascapes, some of the tallest sea cliffs in the world and wild ocean views.
Duration: 1 - 3 days
Print: Convict Trail [PDF 325KB]
Hobart - Richmond
- Drive to the village of Richmond with its colonial past, antique shops, art and craft galleries, restaurants and tea rooms.
- On the way you'll pass through the Coal River Valley wine region with more than 16 vineyards dotted throughout the valley surrounding Richmond.
- In Richmond, learn about Tasmania's rich colonial heritage and take in Australia's oldest bridge, oldest still-standing Catholic Church and oldest gaol.
- Visit Old Hobart Town, a carefully constructed model of Hobart as it was in 1820.
- The region is also rich in produce including cheese and olives.
- Overnight Richmond or return Hobart.