Convict Trail - Itinerary
From historic Richmond to the Tasman National Park, Eaglehawk Neck and Port Arthur Historic Site, this fascinating journey is rich in convict history and natural beauty. The Tasman Peninsula is a place of breathtaking seascapes, some of the tallest sea cliffs in the world and wild ocean views.
Duration: 1 - 3 days
Print: Convict Trail [PDF 325KB]
Hobart - Richmond
- Drive to the village of Richmond with its colonial past, antique shops, art and craft galleries, restaurants and tea rooms.
- On the way you'll pass through the Coal River Valley wine region with more than 16 vineyards dotted throughout the valley surrounding Richmond.
- In Richmond, learn about Tasmania's rich colonial heritage and take in Australia's oldest bridge, oldest still-standing Catholic Church and oldest gaol.
- Visit Old Hobart Town, a carefully constructed outdoor model of Hobart as it was in 1820.
- The region is also rich in produce including cheese and olives.
- Overnight Richmond or return Hobart.