Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration
The Bligh Museum is a privately-run history museum at Adventure Bay, Bruny Island. Bruny Island lies off the south coast of Tasmania and is accessed by a 15-minute car ferry from Kettering, a 40-minute drive south of Hobart (34 km).
Built from thousands of convict-made bricks, the Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration features a specialised collection relating to exploration in the South Pacific. A display of maps, documents, paintings and other artefacts offers a historical record of visits to Adventure Bay by explorers Captain William Bligh, Captain James Cook, Tobias Furneaux, Matthew Flinders and Admiral Joseph-Antoine Bruny D'Entrecasteaux. Notable works by Tobin, Webber and Hodges are also included in the collection. The Museum's foundation stone was laid on 9th September 1955 - the 200th anniversary of Captain William Bligh's birth.
- Indicative pricing
- Contact details
Indicative Prices: $4, Child: $2
(03) 6293 1117
876 Adventure Bay Road, Adventure Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania, 7150
- Actively welcomes people with access needs