Skip to main content

Accommodation

Grange Bowhill

A view nof the prperty from a nearby hill
Bowhill Grange with Table Mountain in background
Bowhill Grange as you approach
One of the self contained cottages  at Bowhill Grange
The old Assyrian Stables at Bowhill Grange
Living room of Elizabeth Cottage at Bowhill Grange
Main bedroom of Elizabeth Cottage at Bowhill Grange
Fully equiped kitchen in Elizabeth Cottage
Elizabeth Cottage loft bedroom at Bowhill Grange
Views from Bowhill Grange
Situé à mi-chemin entre Hobart et Launceston et à cinq minutes du village historique d'Oatlands, Bowhill Grange, classé au National Trust, est une collection parfaite de bâtiments de ferme coloniaux construits en 1854. Situé dans une oasis de verdure, ombragé par un bosquet de pins cyprès anciens et perché sur une crête de grès surplombant le barrage adjacent, Bowhill Grange est entouré de centaines d'acres de pâturages mérinos de premier ordre avec en toile de fond la montagne de la Table et la zone de conservation environnante. . Faisant à l'origine partie du célèbre domaine Anstey Barton, la propriété est passée à six générations de la famille Agnew en 1878 sous la direction de Sir James Agnew, qui fut par la suite l'un des premiers premiers ministres de Tasmanie. Partie intégrante de cette propriété foncière de premier plan, Bowhill Grange reflète non seulement les débuts de l'histoire coloniale de la Tasmanie, mais a en effet été un contributeur actif, bien connu dans toute la jeune colonie au cours de cette période comme la maison de The Assyrian, le vainqueur de la Melbourne Cup en 1882, qui a été installé dans une écurie. ici depuis près de deux décennies. Avec deux cottages indépendants magnifiquement rénovés, Bowhill Grange est une base idéale pour explorer les magnifiques Midlands du Sud et au-delà, avec Hobart, Launceston et la côte est à environ une heure de route. Sinon, pourquoi ne pas simplement vous asseoir, vous détendre et profiter de la paix et de la tranquillité de la vraie campagne.

Parking

Conviviale et familiale

Non-fumeur

Cheminée ouverte

Mobilier de jardin

Actively welcomes people with access needs.

Observation des oiseaux

ROOMS
Elizabeth's Cottage image

Elizabeth's Cottage

Originally constructed in 1854, it was designed by the renowned ex-convict architect Frederick Thomas who was responsible for many landmark colonial buildings. The cottage was groundbreaking for its time in that it was planned to provide improved lodging to entice immigrant farmworkers and their families to rural Tasmania. The resultant sandstone building is very distinctive in style with its high pitched roof, five-meter ceiling and commanding position overlooking the surrounding pastures. Extensively renovated in recent years, it combines wonderful old features like the original wooden staircases, tall deep-set windows, original baker’s ovens and a huge sandstone fireplace in the sitting room, with thoughtfully sourced furnishings that harmonize with and enhance the character of the original building. A large private verandah is a perfect spot for soaking in the views. The cottage has two character-filled bedrooms. The main bedroom is on the ground floor with an ensuite bathroom and an extra single bed. The second bedroom is accessed through the main bedroom via very steep and narrow stairs and is not suitable for children or the mobility impaired and does not have a separate bathroom. There is a fully equipped kitchen and breakfast provisions.

4
Shepherds Rest image

Shepherds Rest

This Cottage is currently not available as it is being renovated.

3
Shepherds Rest image

Shepherds Rest

This cottage is currently being refurbished with completion scheduled for December 2021

Qualité Tourisme Accréditation icon

Qualité Tourisme Accréditation

By creating an account on Discover Tasmania, you agree to the terms of use outlined in our Privacy Statement


Success! You are now logged in.

Add to trip