Stop and chat.
Tasmanians love living on this little island at the edge of the world. There are mighty connections between the land, food, culture and the people, and locals love to share their stories. You might even learn a few insider secrets.
Don’t just take our word for it:
- Food fans can follow chef Analiese Gregory’s insider guide to eating and drinking in Tasmania.
- Whisky enthusiasts should read patriarch of the Tasmanian whisky industry Bill Lark’s insider guide to the Tasmanian tipple.
- Sparkling wine drinkers will want to look at award-winning winemaker Ed Carr’s insider guide to Tasmanian sparkling.
- Paddock-to-plate connoisseurs can discover Tasmania’s best farm experiences and meet the makers on their home soil.
- Animal lovers can learn more about the wisdom of wombats and where to see these curious creatures.
- Big tree hunters can pick up tips on where to find some of the world’s tallest and oldest forests.
- Mountain bikers will want to know the top trail networks to find their flow.
Local travel specialists
Need travel advice from people on the ground? Contact a Tasmanian-based travel specialist for inside information on how to do Tasmania.
These travel partners are happy to offer free advice to help you plan your Tasmanian holiday, including where to stay and what to do when you get here.
Huon Valley Escapes
Southern specialist, with numerous activities and beds around Hobart, the Huon Valley, Bruny Island and further south.
Visit Huon Valley Escapes
Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre
Pick from suggested itineraries, choose your favourite stops and sleeps and have this knowledgeable operator do the rest.
Visit the Tasmanian Travel and Information Centre
Piece together a tailored road trip, be it a week of adventuring or a full lap of the state, with self-drive expert TasVacations.
Visit Tas Vacations
Tas Villa Group
An accommodation provider with more than 20 options across the state.
Visit Tas Villas Group