Businesses across the island have taken positive steps to create safe spaces for LGBTQIA+ travellers.
Tasmanians are a welcoming sort, and tourism operators are going the extra mile to demonstrate their commitment to inclusivity.
Tourism and LGBTQIA+ community organisations have jointly developed the Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation program to create a more inclusive environment for travellers of all sexualities and gender identities.
The Tasmanian businesses that have attained Rainbow Accreditation are familiar with the Anti-Discrimination Act; have taken steps to safeguard their workplaces against harassment and discrimination; have developed LGBTQIA+ cultural awareness; and have committed to providing information for LGBTQIA+ tourists about relevant local services and support.
From cafes to accommodation providers to tour companies, keep an eye out for the Rainbow Tasmania Tourism Accreditation logo on registered operators’ web pages, and across the Discover Tasmania website.
Here’s a list of Rainbow Accredited tourism operators in Tasmania:
Hobart and the south
- 28 Gates Luxury Farmstay and Fishery
- Castaway Cottage
- Cherryview Studio Retreat
- Cruisin’ Motorhome and Campervan Rentals Tasmania
- Domaine A
- Esperance Landing
- Fair Winds Tasmania
- Festival of Voices
- Hadley’s Orient Hotel Hobart
- Heritage Horse Drawn Carriages
- Inala Nature Tours
- Junction Motel
- Lythgo’s Row Colonial Cottages
- MACq 01 Hotel
- Ocean View Cottages
- Port Arthur Historic Site
- Quest Savoy
- Quest Trinity House
- Rock Lobster
- Salamanca Inn
- Sanctum Boutique Apartments
- The Beach House Dover Tasmania
- The Corinda Collection
- The Peninsula Experience
- The Roundhouses
- Tides Reach
- Water By Nature Tasmania, Franklin River Rafting
- Willie Smith’s Apple Shed
- Wineglass Bay Discovery Tours